Chocolate crazy!!!! Everyone knows I love chocolate and cakes!
and…. NUTS! here is a chocolate ( HEALTHY) recipe to make you go nuts.
Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bar
1. Help prevent heart disease~ Dark Chocolate contains Flavonoids. Flavonoids act as antioxidants that help protect cells from harmful molecules called free radicals (these evil molecules damage cells that can lead to heart disease).
2. Flavonoids also can lower blood pressure and reduce LDL cholesterol (LDL=Bad)
3. Can improve your mood!! Little endorphin stimulating action! This paired with a workout and you’ll be on cloud nine! Snaps for endorphins!!
4. Skin protection!!! Make your skin glow! Thanks to those Flavonoids, blood flow and hydration to your skin increases!
Yields: 4 Pieces (42 grams each)
Serving Size: 1 Piece
Total Fat: 13g
Total Carbs: 17g
1/2 cup (60g) 60%/70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Roasted Unsalted Pistachio Halves
1/4 cup of Raisins
Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Melt Dark Chocolate in microwave or on stove in double boiler (I used a microwave for 1 minute)
2. Stir in pistachios, raisins, and salt
3. Mix ingredients
4. Line a small baking tray with parchment/wax paper
5. Pour mixture and spread evenly so it is about half an inch thick
6. Place in freeze for 20 minutes to harden
7. Remove from freezer, cut/break, and enjoy!
8. Store in fridge/freezer.