Many Body Builders, Vegans and Lactose Intolerants drink Soy Milk as an alternative to Cow’s Milk. But here are the reasons why you should avoid Soy Milk
- Soybeans contain large quantities of natural toxins that affect estrogen levels. Drinking just two glasses of soy milk a day can significantly alter the hormones in a woman’s body, disrupting the menstrual cycle.
- Soybeans contain haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that causes red blood cells to clump together.
- About 99% of soy is genetically modified, so it contains one of the highest pesticide contamination levels.
- Soybeans and soy products contain high levels of phytic acid, which inhibits the assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc.
- Soy foods contain high levels of aluminum, which is toxic to the body. It negatively affects the nervous system and the kidneys, and it’s been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing to make soy protein isolateand textured vegetable protein. This makes them dangerous for human digestion.
- Soy contains toxic isoflavones– genistein and daidzein. They can stimulate the growth of existing breast cancer.
- Soy contains plant estrogens called phytoestrogens, which disrupt endocrine function and can lead to infertility and breast cancer in women.
- Soy foods have high levels of goitrogenswhich block production of thyroid hormones.
- Nitrates, potent carcinogens, are formed during the spray-drying process.
5 Soy Alternatives could include:
Nut Milk ( like Almond milk);
- Rice Milk
- Oat Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Hemp Milk
Whatever your preference is though, remember that your choice should fit into your dietary and fitness goals, rice milk is high in carbohydrates so it may not be the best alternative if you are trying to trim down.